FedEx Shipping Account
Departments may work directly with FedEx to ship and pay for shipping by using one of the following two procedures:
- Create a FedEx Billing Online account and pay for shipping invoices using the purchasing card.
- A video tutorial of FedEx Billing Online can be found here.
- Create or update a FedEx shipper account and attach the purchasing card to be direct-charged by FedEx for all shipments on the account.
- To setup this direct-charge method of payment, contact FedEx at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-645-9424.
- After this process is established with FedEx, the purchasing card will automatically be charged for each shipment processed on the FedEx account.
- Please note: when creating a shipper account be sure to request WSU pricing. This will guarantee shipping at the lowest cost available.
- After FedEx charges the purchasing card, the transaction will be available for reconciliation in PNet4. Please click here for detailed information on identifying and reconciling transactions in PNet4.
IMPORTANT: Invoices will no longer be received by Accounts Payable. The invoices will only be available electronically through FedEx Billing Online
Please visit the FedEx website for questions regarding the capabilities of FedEx Billing Online. For an interactive demo of FedEx Billing Online please visit the following link: http://www.fedex.com/fbo-interactive/index.html
Refer to BPPM 80.16 for more information.
Central Receiving Shipping Account
Departments may route shipments to be shipped with FedEx or UPS through Central Receiving using the electronic Request for Shipment of Merchandise form, see BPPM 80.15.
- Departments are not required to complete a waybill as the Request for Shipment of Merchandise provides all necessary information required for processing the packages.
- Central Receiving will finalize the Request for Shipment when the package has been processed for shipment.
- Invoices charged to the Central Receiving shipping account will be sent by the carrier directly to Accounts Payable where payment will be processed.
- The department reconciles the shipping charges to AIS using the Request for Shipment number.
- For detailed instructions on how to locate the charges in AIS using the Request for Shipment number click here.
OGRD Shipping Account (shipping proposals and other documents)
Departments shipping via FedEx for the Office of Grant and Research Development (OGRD) should use the electronic Request for Shipment of Merchandise form.IMPORTANT: Shipments of hazardous materials or dangerous goods are to be shipped in accordance with SPPM 5.40. Click here for more information provided by Central Receiving.