University monies may be used to pay for meals if ALL of the following conditions are met (see BPPM: 70.31):
- The meal must be essential to the completeness (i.e., an integral part) of an official University meeting or training session, AND
- The University must require that the employee attend the meeting or formal training session, AND
- The purpose of the event must be to conduct WSU Official business or to provide formal training to WSU employees
University monies may be used to pay for light refreshments if the following conditions are met:
- The purpose of the meeting must be to conduct official WSU business or to provide formal training to WSU employees
- The light refreshments must be essential for the completeness (i.e., an integral part) of an official University meeting or training session
** Light refreshments, by definition, include nonalcoholic beverages and edible items commonly served between meals.
WSU may pay for an Official WSU Visitor’s meals or Speaker’s meals while conducting WSU Official Business or for entertainment purposes.
- If the meal is to conduct WSU Official Business the meal may be paid with State or Grant funding, see Food Matrix.
- Request to serve food form IS required
- If the meal is for entertainment purposes discretionary funding (17A) must be used
- Request to serve food form is not required
- A List of Attendees is required