Vendor Management

WSU will require one of the following signed and completed forms (based on country of citizenship or country of business) prior to processing any vendor payments:

  • W-9 : The W-9 form provides WSU with the payee’s tax identification number and gathers vital information for accurate tax reporting as required by the IRS.
    • For a copy of the W-9, click here.
  • W-8: The W-8 form is required for foreign nationals or foreign vendors providing goods or services to WSU.

Note: A W-9 may not be required if a vendor has an existing relationship or WSU ID#.  If there is a change in business name or business type we will require an updated W-9.


WSU is required to file the 1099-MISC & 1099-NEC tax form to each individual or business to whom WSU has paid $600 or more, in reportable payments, during the tax year.

Below is a list of common 1099-MISC & 1099-NEC reportable payments per the IRS:

  • Rents
  • Services from nonemployees
  • Prizes and awards
  • Medical and healthcare payments
  • Payments to an attorney
  • Royalties (at least $10 in royalties)

WSU is not required to file a 1099-MISC & 1099-NEC form for payments made to corporations (except for payments for medical services) or for payments made to tax-exempt organizations.

Contact Information

Phone: (509) 335-8074