The WSU Travel Charge Card is a personal liability JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) Visa card issued to WSU employees to be used for payment of expenses incurred while traveling on WSU business.
One benefit of the Travel Charge Card: the employee does not have to use personal resources to pay for business trip expenses.
Upon return an Expense Report must be completed and the balance on the card immediately paid in full with the Expense Reimbursement from WSU.
The account may be used only for Washington State University business-related travel expenses. Examples include meals, hotels, car rentals, taxis, and so forth.
- The preferred method for purchasing airfare is with a Departmental Central Travel Account Card. However, a travel charge card may be used if preferred.
The preferred method for purchasing conference registrations is with the Procurement Card.
Prohibited purchases include any personal items and any non-official travel related expenditures.
Rule of thumb: If the traveler will not be reimbursed for an expense
s through an Expense Reimbursement the Travel Charge Card is not an acceptable form of payment.
Applicants must be employees and expected to take at least one business trip per year.
Complete and submit the New Travel Credit Card application located on the JPMC website
To complete the application, you will need to provide your:
- Date of Birth
- WSU Employee ID Number
- Social Security Number
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Supervisor, Cost Center Manager, or Area Finance Officer’s Name and e-mail address
The application will first route to the supervisor, cost center manager, or area finance officer listed by the applicant, then to Card Programs to be ordered. The cardholder will be contacted by Card Programs when the card arrives and is ready for pickup. Please expect 2 to 3 weeks after the application is submitted – before card arrival.
- Ensure compliance with WSU Business Policies and Procedures and the Cardholder Agreement.
- The account is not a revolving credit account. The cardholder is personally responsible to the full balance on every statement—partial payments are prohibited.
- Timely submission of the Expense Report to ensure reimbursement is received in time to pay the full credit card balance.
- Notify Card Programs when separating from the University for card cancellation.
- Notify JPMorgan Chase or Card Programs when you have a change of address. Cards are not linked to the WSU systems and must be updated by independent processes.
- Keep the card in a secure location and report lost or stolen cards should this occur by contacting:.
- JPMorgan Chase at 1-800-316-6056 – 24 hours per day or
- Card Programs during standard business hours:
- Phone: 1-509-335-2034 or 1-509-335-2032
- e-mail: email@example.com
- The Travel Credit Card is a VISA card – accepted at more than 16 million merchants worldwide.
- Eliminates the need to use personal resources for business travel.
- $500,000 common carrier insurance.
- $1250 lost or stolen luggage insurance.
- $1000 hotel/motel theft insurance.
- Collision damage insurance up to the full value of the rental car.
- No annual fee.
- If Expense Reimbursement is occasionally delayed, JPMC allows up to 60 days to pay the account balance in full, without delinquency or interest charges.
For more information please see the Visa Benefit Guide.